Thomas Murphy - Pine Shores Real Estate



Posted by Thomas Murphy on 1/19/2014

Water damage can ruin a home. Water can be one of the most damaging things to a home and if your home is the victim of water damage you must tackle it right away. Serious health risks can be associated with water damage like mold, mildew, and bacteria growth. If your home has water damage the first thing to do is to get it dry! This may seem obvious, but drying the area out needs to happen as quickly as possible. Not only do you need to dry out the surface or what you can see you have to get deeper. It may seem like your home is dry but damage can happen in walls, wood, carpet and furniture. Insufficient drying can lead to mold and mildew growth, and harmful bacteria. In extreme cases there can be structural damage to the home. The best thing you can do is to call a licensed water damage restoration specialist to evaluate the damage. Professionals have access to the tools and technology to dry out your home and prevent harmful fungi and bacteria from growing. Professionals will typically use dehumidifiers, air purifiers, blowers, fans, and special floor driers and cleaners. If the damage is extreme it may require wall driers, sanitizers, and mold and mildew remediation techniques. In this case call the professionals because it is better safe than sorry.